A calm Swedish home in neutrals (and a fab fireplace)

Edit Artikel
Good morning Monday! The Swedish winters aren't always easy - and right now it's cooooold and dark. But occasionally the skies clear, the ground is blanketed with snow and everything sparkles like diamonds.  Yesterday was one of those magical days and we had such a wonderful day sledging and ice-skating on a frozen lake. Today is looking fab again but it's back to work for me - and a day at the IKEA headquarters - exciting! But first I wanted to share this Swedish apartment decorated in muted tones and for sale through Stadshem. I especially love the fireplace in the bedroom (imagine sleeping next to a roaring log fire - so romantic?!) and the reclaimed black wood floors in the kitchen and hallway - how beautiful?! Let's take a tour....












Photography: Jonas Berg. Stadshem.

What a perfect space. Is there anything that stands out to you in particular?

Get the look: kitchen - pendant light, Thonet chairs, Chemex glass coffee maker (I love these - perfect for slow mornings!). Sitting room - leaf light. Bedroom - Artek stool, source geometric cushions here (this one's especially lovely), white linen bedding, light grey throw. Hallway - black and walnut hang it all.

Other ideas from around the web today: 

This unusual brass vase is wonderful (I'll never tire of simple glass vases either). While on the subject, this picture is evidence that spring flowers look lovely against one of interiors hottest trends - dark blue walls.

 13 ways to re-think the foot of your bed I've been looking for a simple rustic bench for the foot of my bed for I don't know how long. Do you have anything at the end of your bed?

I'm such a big fan of cabins with a black exterior - we photographed several for my book, and I've been in awe ever since. In case you're undecided here are 30 houses in black. Or how about this A-frame house (the light)?

I'm on a mission to find the perfect pink / blush hue for my daughter's bedroom (loving the idea of a half/half wall like this). But so far I've been through 4 different test samples and it's still eluding me. Any tips?!

Do you have any of your own decorating conundrums right now? If so fire away in the comment section below, perhaps someone can help?

Have a great start to the week! 
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments