A Frisian stolp farm becomes a beautiful home

Edit Artikel
Hello! I hope you're having a great start to the week? Thank you so much to Johanne for the guest post yesterday - doesn't she have a fab home? We're heading up to the hill-country village of Ella here in Sri Lanka later today and hoping to visit some tea plantations - as a Brit the prospect of being surrounded by tea all afternoon sounds like heaven! It's also a far cry from the flat lands of North Holland, which is beautiful in a different kind of way. And the owners of this Dutch residence, Rixt and Arjan have found their own beautiful spot close to the sea in Frisian Hemelum.  The duo were living in Curacao when they took the big step to buy a stolp farm along with vestibule and convert it into two unique places to stay. The spaces have been decorated with vintage pieces found on the internet and a mix of materials such as wool, cotton, felt, glass, marble, stone, and wood for a warm and relaxed, homely feel. Enjoy!











Styling: Sabine Burkunk. Photography: Hans Mossel, shared with kind permission. VT Wonen Aug 2015. 

I think I'm in home heaven! This is exactly my kind of style. Personal, relaxed and brimming with personality. 

What do you think?

Get the look: Source beautiful kilim rugs here, I love these vintage school charts, this 50's rattan plant holder is similar (there's only one though.....). Palma lounge chair. This hand blown demi-john wine bottle is similar. Round rush floor mat

You can see more pics of these two lovely spaces over at VT Wonen here

I always get really excited by the homes photographer Hans Mossel and Sabine Burkunk capture- they're often relaxed and cheerful and always unique. Another example includes this quirky home. Fab colours!  

Other links I love today: 

Thank you Valentina Fussell for this review of my book - her photographs (as always) are stunning and I wish I could look that glam reading my book! I was also thrilled to see this piece about Modern Pastoral in Architectural Digest too! 

37 outfits that are so New York (but wouldn't look out of place in Sweden either....).

A serene white and brown living room in Copenhagen.

An office in nudes (no, not that kind of nude!).

How about these yummy looking mini pavlova's for pudding (or, just whenever really - one every hour?!) this week....?

Finnish designs for the little ones.

Have a lovely day! 

PS If you've taken any photos of your copy of Modern Pastoral I'd love to see / share them! 
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments