From light to dark in a Swedish sitting room

Edit Artikel
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend? My family and I took to the slopes at a small tree-lined ski resort here in Southern Sweden called Isaberg Mountain Resort. It's amazing what a weekend get-away can do to revive the senses?! Anyway, on with the Monday morning home tour. Today I thought we'd peak into the lovely home of Anna-Malin who captures corners for her fab blog Helt-Enkelt. With the dark expression slowly sneaking into homes I think it's so interesting to see what a difference a dark sofa cover can make to a white room. Here's the before and after....











Anna-Malin / Helt Enkelt. With kind permission.

Such a nice home - and admittedly hard to look passed the amazing coffee table. But, which look did you prefer, the dark or the light? Tough one.

Get the look: Sofa cover, candle-holders from IKEA. Source a similar rustic / vintage coffee table on wheels here (this beautiful one is very similar). Flos 265 light. I love the idea of a rustic bench behind the sofa - not only does it break up the back of the piece but it also serves as a great place for magazines. Look out for similar rustic benches here. Super soft and fluffy Sheepskin throw.

I once showed Anna-Malin's lovely sitting room decorated for Christmas - so cosy?!

More spaces with a vintage / rustic touch include Line's Norwegian home and an industrial-style atelier (there's that coffee table again).

Before I head off....

The pink wall and fabrics in this by Mölle shoot are spot on. And just how fab is this chair to match?!

This is exactly my kind of kitchen...modern with a relaxed, rustic touch.

Thank you so much for all your lovely entries to win a signed copy of my book. I'm looking forward to reading through them all this afternoon and will pop back later to announce the winner...watch this space!

Until then, have a great start to the week! 
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments