Plants and mid-century pieces in a New York City brownstone

Edit Artikel
Hello weekend (almost!). The beauty of the Internet is that you can transport yourself anywhere in the world, anytime you like! I'm taking full advantage of this and whisking us to a Brownstone in Brooklyn. I was fortunate enough to visit this fab borough of New York City last summer while working on my book. It's so vibrant and celebrated for it's diverse people, restaurants and bars as well as it's art scene. Lisa Munoz, owner of Leaf and June - an interior plant design company and David Azzoni, a partner at Turntable Lab DJ shop recently moved to this lovely apartment in the Clinton Hill neighbourhood. The duo have furnished their pad using only their most treasured items which include salvaged, vintage and inherited pieces...and of course an abundance of plants. So inspiring!









Photography: Erica Gannett. Via Design Sponge with thanks. 

What a great space! I'm loving the mid-pieces and all the plants!

You can read more about this home and see a few more pics (captured by Erica Gannett) over at Design Sponge here. It's fascinating to read about why certain plants have been placed where.

Get the look: loving these fab hanging plant holders and stands. Source teak mid-century furniture here. For more plant and flower inspiration you might want to check out my archive (yes, I have an archive for everything!).

I'm writing this from a café inside the walls of beautiful Galle Fort here in the South of Sri Lanka. I have to say though it's scorching today so we've been camping out hiding from the heat!

Have a lovely day!

PS This home is filed under my 'International Homes archive' - not that I want to wile away a morning for you.....but just saying
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments